On July 16, 2020, Abbott Informatics announced the release of STARLIMS Quality Manufacturing Solution QM12.1 that is built on the new STARLIMS Technology Platform v12.0.
- Upgrades of the Request Management Portal, including multi-sample request for material, sample metadata, and sample label printing capability.
- Default lifecycles are enhanced, permitting the un-cancellation of a test through a configurable electronic signature.
- Sample group templates improved by enabling enforcement of unique names of sample group templates.
- Bypass ELN functionality enhanced by adding a request for configurable electronic signature or confirmation before activation.
- Several bug fixes.
- An automated verification kit is now included with the software.
Fully integrated inside the STARLIMS Quality Manufacturing Solution, the Request Management Portal provides a meeting point between customers and their clients for collaboration. Clients can submit material test requests that include several materials, providing real time visibility for both parties of their status, along with detailed testing results.
Metadata templates permit adding data relevant to the sample without needing a customization. Users can configure at the material sample level the default metadata template. When clients create a request, the material sample level will be available.
Clients will also be capable of printing configurable labels for every sample associated with a request. When the processing lab gets the physical samples, they can be easily associated with their respective projects.
Other enhancements permit authorized users to reinstate tests that were mistakenly cancelled, recording the revision with an electronic signature.
Part 2 will discuss the STARLIMS Automated Validation Framework and Testing Kit for use with STARLIMS Quality Manufacturing Solution QM12.1.
STARLIMS Integrated Solution
Implementing state-of-the art technology, STARLIMS provides a totally integrated solution that incorporates LIMS, Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN), Scientific Data Management System (SDMS), Advanced Analytics, and Mobile within a single application. This innovation makes building and maintaining custom interfaces required by third party tools unnecessary.
Alpha Engineering LIMS Implementation
Alpha Engineering Associates, Inc. has been involved with the implementation of over 50 LIMS systems ranging in size from small, “off-the-shelf” software systems to very large, highly customized, multi-functional systems, including STARLIMS, for both governmental agencies and private enterprises. For affordable client-focused network consulting services and solutions, please call Alpha Engineering Associates today at (410) 295-9500.