Replacing paper lab notebooks and self-made solutions, STARLIMS Electronic Laboratory Notebook (ELN) is a powerful tool for modern laboratories. Abbott Informatics included several new ELN templates in their last release that give laboratories the ability to easily adapt them for their own purposes and testing methodology.
New ELN Templates
• ELN Interactive Examples – Demos of several interactive ELN charting capabilities with examples of ways to present various data sets in curve, line, linear, logarithmic, and parabolic charts.
• QM Bioburden – Workflow capable of tracking incubation time points and media utilization, recording colony formations, and calculating projected colony formation units (CFU) of a sample determined by the colony counts from a variety of media.
• QM Dimethicone by Fourier-Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) – Calculating the quantity of dimethicone in a sample through the comparison of FTIR peaks to a standard curve, this template supports a standard USP method.
• QM Dimethicone by FTIR – Through the comparison of FTIR peaks of standards to samples, the mean percentage of dimethicone is determined.
• QM Uniformity of Content – A workflow with multiple stages, the process is comprised of varying acceptance criteria utilized by the pharmaceutical industry for the validation of the uniformity of the contents of capsules and tablets.
New Mobile Apps
Allowing laboratory staff to enter data or access information on their mobile devices, STARLIMS Mobile solution raises the efficiency of workflow tasks off premises. Abbott Informatics’ new and improved mobile apps for Clinical and Forensics customers are listed below.
• CL Biorepository Picking – Biorepository samples from various work orders can be packed into their proper shipping boxes by complying with a picklist and utilizing a mobile device’s capabilities for scanning barcodes.
• FR Chain of Custody – New enhancements provide a variety of new transactions for the advancement of evidence and containers. In addition, tracking the conveyance evidence to the next unit in route, central receiving, and the submitting agency, or property is also made more efficient.
Alpha Engineering LIMS Implementation
Alpha Engineering Associates, Inc. has been involved with the implementation of over 50 LIMS systems ranging in size from small, “off-the-shelf” software systems to very large, highly customized, multi-functional systems, including STARLIMS, for both governmental agencies and private enterprises. For affordable client-focused network consulting services and solutions, please call Alpha Engineering Associates today at (410) 295-9500.